Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation locks up after rendering 3%....

Last night I put together a short [18 sec.] Choreo of spheres/planets moving around each other. Simple in the extreme. But when I try to render it [at 400x225_final qual.] it does fine until it hits Frame 15 [3%] and stops. The Elapsed Time counter starts off at about 18 minutes remaining and counts down to about 16 until lock-up. Then it starts to increase in time remaining. Last night I was surprised to see that it was saying 4 hours to complete. I decided to ignore it and do something else. When I came back, it was still at 3%, but said 30+ hours to complete. When I hit the Abort button I get the Vista blue-spinning circle...forever. You can't access menus let alone shut down A:M. Only the Windows Task Manager will do that. I had two other Choreos in the document using the same simple planets. I deleted them. All same-same. I moved the project from my laptop to the HP. Same. [Frame 15/3%] So it's not one of my computers getting squirrely. It seems to be in the doc. Suggestions?

PRJ_TEXTURES.zip

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please open a bugreport on A:M Reports , it's in definition a bug .

When you say it's "definitely a bug", did you try it on your machine? If you did, and it still wouldn't, I'll happpily file a report. But it's a problem I've never seen with A:M...and it's such a simple animation. What could go wrong? I'm posting an animation in which I take the same models into a new Choreo. and it rendered just fine.

DRONE_ARRIVAL.zip

I was going to test it but "STAR FIELD_01.tga" isn't in the zip. Also there are three chors in the PRJ, which one is the one that sticks?

The problem child is the third Choreography. last in the list. [KIBBLE CLOSE-UP] Here's the .tga, though it's not used in the problem child.

STAR_FIELD_01.jpg

• Hash Fellow

When I render at 400x225 it locks up on frame 16. But if I render at your original res of 800x450 it sails thru.

Try that. If you get the same result note that in your AMReport

I just tested the 1st second.

800x450_ShadowOnStarfield.mov

When I render at 400x225 it locks up on frame 16. But if I render at your original res of 800x450 it sails thru.

Wow! [much scratching of head.] Weird enough to definitely send a report. Thanks.