Rampage0007

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow
Hi. I am slowly learning the "burn" tutorial, and I can bet the material to work, but I am wondering how to get more comtrol over it? By that I mean, can I attach it to a slider, so it burns at the pace I want?

I'm not sure if a slider is possible for just a material.

but you can enable "show more than drivers" next to Shortcut to (your model) and then you can keyframe properties like emission rate or force for a material on a group.

Also, can I set it so it only burns certain groups or models, not everything?
In the PWS Drag the material onto groups you have defined and it will only affect those groups.

any material can be applied to just certain groups and attributes of a material can be set to work with a slider .. not sure what the "burn" ttutorial is if its the sprite fire then the emission rate can be controled by a pose slider. If it refers to a material effector then you have some control of the material but it will effect all the groups it touches but you could use the material in the material effector and adjust it with a pose and the gradient material

Sorry I was a bit unclear, I was refering to THIS burn effect, that has a small tutorial HERE

Basically I want a characters outer layer of clothing to burn off, but not the layer underneath. I was hoping to use a version of this effect to achieve that, but after reading multiple threads, I can't find much in tutorials for it.

• Hash Fellow
Sorry I was a bit unclear, I was refering to THIS burn effect, that has a small tutorial HERE

Basically I want a characters outer layer of clothing to burn off, but not the layer underneath. I was hoping to use a version of this effect to achieve that, but after reading multiple threads, I can't find much in tutorials for it.

The burn effects tut seems to explain it. What part is not working for you?

do you want something like this

post-254-1230020180_thumb.jpg

sorry did not have time to set up animation but this is same material slighly modified and applied to a "shirt" on thom

Exactly! When I just apply the material to a shirt, I can't seem to figure out how to get control over when and how fast it burns. Any suggestions??

Awesome! I was unaware that when you start a new pose, there are editable values under the Action tab for that pose. I followed the tutorial on your blog and replicated the effect. I think I now have an understanding enough to create the effect I wanted.

Many thanks for you help Johnl3d!!! I REALLY appreciate it!!!!!