• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Robert,

I was going to say something about quantity over quality... i.e. that you are living proof that quantity is more important... but that'd be seen as a slight on you.

Truth is you incorporate large amounts of both into your animation.

Regardless, there is a lesson to be learned here.

Perhaps it might be: 'Quality without quantity isn't going to be enough to create a film. Everything else can be gained in the refinement."

Rock on Mr. Nice Guy.

You are the first person -ever- to make me enjoy watching Alice Cooper.

:lol:

Thanks tons everyone!

The people on this forum are the ones whose opinions I value most.

As a side note: Halfway through this video I read a post on "ease in/ease out"

Hopefully the final parts of this video will show a smoother animation as I attempt to incorporate this lesson.

• Admin
As a side note: Halfway through this video I read a post on "ease in/ease out"

Hopefully the final parts of this video will show a smoother animation as I attempt to incorporate this lesson.

If you find the time please drop a few words here in the forum on the subject of Ease... how you used it... why you think the effort to add it was worth it... (it may seem trivial to write about such things but its pure gold to those who don't know!)

Besides... its always good to be reminded of that stuff! :)

If it helps even one or two people to add that to their own work it'll have served its purpose.

Ease-In/Ease-Out

This term deals with the positioning of an object between keyframes. In most computer software you can adjust the speed at which an object enters or leaves a keyframe. By making an object slow down as it approaches (Ease-In) or slowly speed up as it leaves (Ease-Out) you can smooth out action. For example, when a ball is bouncing it will slowly come to a stop at the top if its climb (Ease-In) and then slowly accelerate as it rushes toward the ground (Ease-Out).

Exaggeration

The idea behind exaggeration is to accent the action. However it should be balanced and not used abitrarily. One should figure out the reason for an action, or even sound effects, character design etc... and how to exaggerate the needed sections. The result will be that the animation will seem more realistic and entertaining.

What I am attempting to do is stop the "Animatronic" look and make everything smoother