Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Make your 3d models a reality cheaply.

Hello well her a project I'm working on I'm testing out a software that hayvern sent the link to it call Pepakura.

I took the skull head from Eugene and exprot the file as a 3ds file save it as skull head.

Skull_Head_Model.JPG

Once the model is save as a 3ds file then open your Pepakura 3

Pepakura_3.JPG

Go to file skull head open it pepakura 3 and this is what you get

Pepakura_skull_head.JPG

Once the your 3d model is Pepakura hit the unfold button but first uncheck auto you can manual scale the size of the model its in MM though they got conversion charts online

Here what it looks like unfolded.

Pepakura_skull_head_1.JPG

you can see that a lot of parts to be cut out of paper. It also tell how many sheets of paper you need it saide 108 on that one, but early I scaled down smaller and it took like 37 sheets of card stock paper.

If you like to make your model a reality this is about the cheapist way to go next to a $5,000 to $15,000 3d printer. There are tutorial on youtube on this.

If somebody could right a plug in like this for AM that would be alsome I'd buy it and have it where you

can delete some of the unnecessary line that would cool, save a lot of the paper. well let me go cut the shape.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

interesting.

Eugene is a very old model from before 5-pointer and hooks and has many splines that wouldn't be necessary today.

Some judicious thinning before export might improve the results. The anatomically correct teeth are probably a lot of that.

interesting.

Eugene is a very old model from before 5-pointer and hooks and has many splines that wouldn't be necessary today.

Some judicious thinning before export might improve the results. The anatomically correct teeth are probably a lot of that.

Would be a great AutoUnwrap Algorithm ;)

*Fuchur*