Tunames

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

He's alive! I think its a good first outing. :) I'm not a walk expert, I'm still wrangling with 'em. but...

During the brief point where we can see him head-on the effect is somewhat robotic because he's not shifting his weight from side to side as he's being supported by one foot at a time. We very rarely balance ourselves evenly on two feet. And it's impossible when you're only on one foot. ;) The side view doesn't make it as obvious.

in most casual walks the motion of the hands and arms will lag behind the shoulders by a few frames. i also think doing the arms in FK instead of IK will get more natural results in walk situations.

The hard part of walk cycles is getting the end frame to match up with the first frame. yeah I know... copy keyframes and paste and all that... but you also have to get the slopes of the drivers at the beginning and end to resemble each other too.

Actually I think walks are a rather complicated first exercise. A super hero like this would do well to start with a big broad jump and landing. "Up up and away... to pi r squared and beyond" and all that... :)