sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

One action to the next

danf

Last time I tried (this isn't a real example I'm talking about) I had issues going from one action to the next. The scenerio is a character walks up to something, and then grabs it, much like in the door-opening tutorial. But in that tutorial I used no walk cycle, and animated each step one at a time.

In a larger setting it seems it's harder to control precision movements from the choreography mode, largely because my character is no longer perfectly centered on axis, and the keypad no longer gives me clean perspectives to adjust the position from. So I've been exploring walk-cycles and pre-constructed actions.

My problem was that once the walk cycle ends, it seemed my character did not want to break off of it. I could not simply drag his hand forward for the reach without damaging the entire walk cycle.

What's the trick to transition from one canned action to another, or to a choreography action, without damaging the keyframes of the former?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Thanks.

In a larger setting it seems it's harder to control precision movements from the choreography mode, largely because my character is no longer perfectly centered on axis, and the keypad no longer gives me clean perspectives to adjust the position from.

One work-around is to add a camera in a position that does give you the angle view you need (set it to non-perspective) and look thru that to animate rather than the keypad views. Keypad 1 will cycle thru all cameras in the chor.