Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

embedding model decals - cloth

TheSpleen

I need help with a character but first I need to embed all the decals or anything else that goes with him so I can post the model here for someone to look at and tell me my mistake please.

Or....is my model already to go and the decals are in it now?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does the help with the character include a decalling problem? If it is modelling / rigging, then you don't need to include the decals, which are typically of a large file size, if you are using .tga. When whoever opens up the project, they get an error that the decal won't load, but they can just cancel loading that decal.

If it is a decalling problem, you could make sure that they are all in the same folder as the project/model, and zip up the folder, then upload it.

Unfortunately you can't embed the decal.

ok thanks.

Actually the problem is I am making a superhero and having problems with the cape being cloth.

When it says add group and in properties choose attached I get no such option.

I followed the flag tut up until that point and am stuck now.

I am having problems with "unsolvable", but that is because I am not very good at cloth.

I think that you have the wrong group as a deflector.

Your groups equal to TaoA:M Flag project (Flag's groups on the right):

capecloth = Cloth

bothaplet = Attached

(New Group) = PoleGroup

You have bothaplet as a deflector, but I think the back of the shirt should be the deflector.

The bothaplet group is where it is attached.

When you say add group and there is no "attached" - you should be adding a group to capecloth called bothaplet (not attached - the "attached" is the group in the flag project), and under the bothaplet group, you change the Attached property = ON.

post-9673-1225948585_thumb.jpg

The error is overlapping geometry. Which means that you have some of your cloth group in your attached group.

Make the changes as above - t-shirt as deflector, bothaplet Attached=ON, capecloth2 as cloth material.

Click on bothaplet in the PWS.

Press the H key to hide all the rest of the model.

Click capecloth2 in the PWS - you will see some points showing green.

Hold down the alt key and do a big select drag of everything to remove all points from the capecloth2 group.

Press H again, and you are good to go :)

cloth.mov

(Please don't tell me that I am now the "resident cloth expert" - *goes off looking for someone else to tag with it* :))

You can always consolidate your project. Go to Project -> Consolidate -> Textfile and A:M will consolidate all the data of your project into a new folderstructure for you.

You can now pack the folderstructure (or you can use the Consolidate + ZIP-function of A:M) and upload it here.

*Fuchur*