Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Epic save times!

ECM311

I'm running an older version of animation master, 2002 to be exact. I was hoping someone would happen to know the answer to why sometimes when i save my projects and/or choreography's it takes 5 to 10 minuets. It was working fine last night and the save were instant, but right now it's acting up and I was wondering if anyone could help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Does this happen on any chor you save or just particular ones?

As an experiment you might try going to the PWS and dragging the important things from the bad chor into a new blank chor and save that. (Do I need to say this should be a new file name?). If you do them one at a time you may find that one particular element is causing the problem.

If you've been saving versions of your work it's possible to test which one is the first to have the save problem, then use a text editor to compare that and the previous version for signs of obvious weirdness.

I'm running an older version of animation master, 2002 to be exact. I was hoping someone would happen to know the answer to why sometimes when i save my projects and/or choreography's it takes 5 to 10 minuets. It was working fine last night and the save were instant, but right now it's acting up and I was wondering if anyone could help.

Hm... sorry cant help you there... that is a quite old A:M-version and I doubt that any can help you with this.

I will try anyway: Did you add anything to the project? Are your harddrives running normal? Do you save on a USB-Harddisc/external harddisc? Is it in USB 2.0-Mode or USB 1.0-mode? (for example if you changed the USB-port and got not the newest PC with some inactive USB-connectors / old USB-Connectors, this can happen).

If that isnt the case, open the project-file and have a look if there are any "empty-driver"-entries... I dont know which version had that problems, but it could be that 2002 was it. ""-entries may increase the project-size. You wont find many informations about that, because this problem is LONG gone.

*Fuchur*

PS: I highly recommend you to buy a websubscription of A:M v15... it happend so much and so many good features came in and bugs are gone... it just is a much better software today thana in 2002.

Hm... sorry cant help you there... that is a quite old A:M-version and I doubt that any can help you with this.

I will try anyway: Did you add anything to the project? Are your harddrives running normal? Do you save on a USB-Harddisc/external harddisc? Is it in USB 2.0-Mode or USB 1.0-mode? (for example if you changed the USB-port and got not the newest PC with some inactive USB-connectors / old USB-Connectors, this can happen).

If that isnt the case, open the project-file and have a look if there are any "empty-driver"-entries... I dont know which version had that problems, but it could be that 2002 was it. "<Empty driver>"-entries may increase the project-size. You wont find many informations about that, because this problem is LONG gone.

*Fuchur*

PS: I highly recommend you to buy a websubscription of A:M v15... it happend so much and so many good features came in and many patches for bugs are gone it just is a much better software today thana in 2002.

i the web subscription an update to the latest version of A:M?

i the web subscription an update to the latest version of A:M?

Not exactly... anyone can buy it, you dont have to own A:M to be allowed to get the websubscription.

There are two "limitations". It will only run on one computer and it will run for 1 year. After that you have to buy a new subscription...

But it has several advantages too... It is an easy way to get in touch with A:M (the latest available version), it is cheap and it will not ask for a CD in the drive.

Everything else should be as you are used too, except the fact that you get v15 (and v16 if it comes out in the next year from your buying-time on...)

*Fuchur*

I forget what old version had this problem. When this is happening, does the file size get huge? If so, look at the prj file in a text editor, there are probably long lists of dead drivers. They don't hurt anything but the save and load times and you can delete them to get back to a reasonable file size but the problem, if it is dead drivers, wasn't fixed until the next version, upgrading is your best bet.