Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Back face cull off in final rendering

Jeetman

Hi guys,

OK, I have the potential to use A:M at work for some business projects. I've been given an assignment to animate a big assembly project we have going. If it turns out good, My company will let me animate more in the future. I'm currently using my V14 CD so I can do this during work and hopefully not interfere with my SO assignment while I'm home. Not to mention it's great to be able to use A:M for a work project instead of AutoCad and Inventor hehe.

OK I have to model a huge multimillion dollar assembly process and then create an animation of it in action. It's for our company's website to give a visual of what our product does. Again if they like it, I can get another yearly subscription for work. How cool would that be?

I'm trying to experiment with modeling ideas and I came up with a good one for making quick holes in solid patches. Here's my question:

Can you set A:M to render in final with back faces off? If you can it would be a huge time saver I think.

George

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Can you set A:M to render in final with back faces off? If you can it would be a huge time saver I think.

You mean to not render faces that would not be seen anyway? The renderer already figures those out in the "computing Patch visibility" step.

or do you mean back-facing patches off like shaded mode can? No.

You mean to not render faces that would not be seen anyway? The renderer already figures those out in the "computing Patch visibility" step.

or do you mean back-facing patches off like shaded mode can? No.

I mean as in shaded mode. My theory was if you flip a patch then put in a patch with a hole, because the back is transparent, you'd only see the hole. Oh well. Too bad. It would saved a lot of time.

George

a few things to note , first off , am automaticaly says yes this patch is displayed so render it , b if you do not have to have SOLID models for them to render a simpal 2D square will render, if you absolutly need the model to be solid and then to be able to see into it use a bolean cutter,

ow and ask lots of questions if you have them , i know i do