sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SINFO?

bighop

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I render anything I get an additional file with ".sinfo" on the end.

What are these files, what do you open them with and do you need to keep them?

It's funny you mention this because I've had an additional problem. When I tried to render to a Jpg format, all I got was a single file that had a ".jpg.sinfo extention. I thought somehow AM created the extra extention and all I needed to do was delete the added extension but when I made it a jpg and tried to open it, I got an error saying it wasn't an actual jpg.

I had to render a few times to get an actual jpg. It hasn't happend to me a lot but at least 2 times now.

George

Those are Sound Info files and contains some details about the sounds used. I think A:M reads it for whatever reason. I just ignore these files.

OK but I don't think jpg's store sound.

The problem I had though was it creating the .jpg.sinfo file WITHOUT the regular .jpg file.

Those are Sound Info files and contains some details about the sounds used. I think A:M reads it for whatever reason. I just ignore these files.

OK but I don't think jpg's store sound.

The problem I had though was it creating the .jpg.sinfo file WITHOUT the regular .jpg file.

Nope, they don't store sound, but A:M generates these files for every render, with or without sound. If there was no sound if the project the contents of the sinfo file looks like this:

ProductVersion=15

Range=0 0

It's funny you mention this because I've had an additional problem. When I tried to render to a Jpg format, all I got was a single file that had a ".jpg.sinfo extention.

I had to render a few times to get an actual jpg. It hasn't happend to me a lot but at least 2 times now.

I've had that happen to me as well - in trying to render a qt mov - so I don't think this problem is related just to rendering jpgs, or stills - I can't figure out what causes it to happen, as it doesn't happen all the time.

It would render all the sequence and then never write the .mov. If I repeated the render, it would then write the mov.

I believe when I closed down A:M and restarted, that the problem then went away, for the time being.

I've never had AM create the sinfo files but not the regular render.

But I know what the sinfo files are. They are used to sync up the sound with the frames or video in the AM NLE editor.

The sinfo file allows you to render out TGA, JPEG, or whatever, then import the rendered frames and the sound file (if there was one) and AM will sync up the sound to the frames like it was in the original project files. This way, you can import several different renders into AM's NLE and move them around, crop the ranges etc while keeping the sound in sync with the frames. Then you can render out a Quicktime movie or whatever from all these different renders and have a single movie with all the sounds perfectly in sync.