sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

JayHart

hey everyone, here's the deal. We bought this software couple of years ago, and never did anything with it. Now the boss man has "asked" that i learn it....i am a video production guy, NOT an artist. I need some help learning this stuff...i can walk through tutorials, but when i start building things on my own i just can't get it to work. Any suggestions, thoughts, videos, that will help me.

thanx

jay

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Jay,

While there are more than a few resources available to get you up to speed quickly in my opinion you'd be hard pressed to get any training material more capable than Barry Zundel's DVDs: http://bzundel.googlepages.com/animation%3...ter2005training

These aren't cheap however. So unless your boss is going to buy them...

The best thing you can do is stake a claim right here in the forum and learn from the interaction you get.

Start a topic and run with it. Ask questions... seek clarification.

Not only will you learn quickly... you'll learn from the best there is in A:M. Right here.

It goes without saying (but I must repeat it!) there is no better way to get into the heart of A:M than to follow the exercises found in 'The Art of Animation:Master' (TaoA:M). Everyone I know that has completed it has gone on to see success. This is easy because they've learned how A:M was intended to be used. Animation, Workflow, Modeling, Rigging, Decaling... etc etc. all the basic basics are there.

If you don't have the manual... perhaps its been misplaced? Download it! Work through it! Don't procrastinate.

http://www.hash.com/2007web/reference.htm

There is an entire forum devoted to working through the manual and achieving success.

TaoA:M Forum

Once you've completed the manual then you can chart your own course.

hey everyone, here's the deal. We bought this software couple of years ago, and never did anything with it. Now the boss man has "asked" that i learn it....i am a video production guy, NOT an artist. I need some help learning this stuff...i can walk through tutorials, but when i start building things on my own i just can't get it to work. Any suggestions, thoughts, videos, that will help me.

thanx

jay

Hi Jay

Where are you located? I agree with Rodney and also recommend Barry's training. I was just like you and bought the software back in 2001, I didnt do much with it until a client wanted me to create a virtual set motion track an actor on a green screen Starwars style. You can view some of my work here

http://www.hdjibguy.com/vwd.htm

I was frustrated with the software because the guy who sold it made it look so easy. He said it was easy. After I purchased the software I didnt think it was so easy. Later I learned that the program was much easier to learn than Maya or the other packages out there. I Highly recommend getting barry's DVD's it took me a few weeks to get passed rigging. I try to use AM at least once a day for an hour or two. There are a lot of Tutorials out there on the forum but you have to dig. If you "consistently invest your time using AM" for at least a month or two then you see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Best regards

www.hdjibguy.com