Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Libraries again....

bighop

Ok, I know this has been covered many times.....I have v15, and I downloaded the data file. The models appear, some of the actions appear, two materials appear. Everything from my Extra CD appears. I can't get my materials and actions to show up. I know I did the file location correct, because I have my extra CD's data in my libraries. Any ideas?

I'm on a Mac using 10.4

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen this issue in my Vista also. Here is what I did.

1. Unzip your Data folder anywhere but not where your A:M is installed

2. Drag those files from each folder in side the data folder where you just unzip, and drop them into where they belong in side the A:M data folder.

Do not use copy and paste.

I did with the copy and paste and they do not show up, but when I use the drag and drop they do show up. Try it if this might help.

CHEERS!

• Admin
I can't get my materials and actions to show up. I know I did the file location correct, because I have my extra CD's data in my libraries. Any ideas?

I'm unable to check at the moment but perhaps you can remind us...

Is there a Library (.lbr) file that comes with the download? There should be.

Once you've located the Library file then its a matter of checking two basic things:

1 - Make sure A:M knows the location of the Library File

2 - Make sure the Library file is correctly pointing to the resources.

For instance, if there is a .lbr file name 'Hash Installed Libraries' in a directory named 'Data' in the v15 folder such as this:

C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\v15\Data\Libraries\Hash Installed Libraries.lbr

A:M must be pointed to that location in order to see the libraries in that 'Libraries' directory.

(See link below for information on setting up A:M Libraries)

With the Library file in place we've correct troubleshooted #1.

Now to consider the data shortcuts found in the Library.

Inside the file 'Hash Installed Libraries.lbr' should be among other resources the shortcut in text:

[TUTORIAL]

FileName=../Html Tutorials/Hello.tut

[ENDTUTORIAL]

This tells A:M to create an icon under the Tutorials tab pointing to a file at the following location:

C:\Program Files\Hash Inc\v15\Data\Html Tutorials\Hello.tut

If however the Library file is placed in a different level directory... say the v15 folder... A:M won't be able to find the resource as the Library is pointing to a resource that is not there.

If you can see an icon at all however this is an indication that the Library file is in the right location.

Missing icons indicate that A:M cannot see the Library file.

Icons other that those assigned to the resource (the default icons) indicate the resource is not where the Library shortcut says it should be. While the resource may be copied onto the harddrive the resource is effectively missing... as far as A:M Libraries are concerned... not there.

So the 'trick' is to make sure A:M sees the Library and the Library is in its proper place relative to the resources.

Don't move or copy Libraries anywhere else.

For additional information check out the basic tutorial for installing Libraries:

http://www.hash.com/lib/win.html