Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Error message when starting AM

Darker Cucumber

Oi !!!

I just purchased AM and am having problems when I try to run it. It comes up with the following error message: This action cannot be completed because the other program is busy. Press 'Switch to' to activate the busy program and correct the problem. When I select 'Switch to', it opens the windows menu in the bottom corner, which does not help. I installed AM on 3 other computers that belongsto friends and only one of these computers had the same problem. My computer has the following specs: GeForce 8800GT 512mb, 4gig RAM, 500gig HDD, AM2 Dual Core 4.2Ghz.

Help!!! I need to get it running for exams.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen this message, but here are a couple of things you could try:

1. Restart the computer then start A:M.

2. Uninstall A:M, restart the computer, reinstall A:M, restart the computer and start A:M.

3. Go into Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt +Del), click the Processes tab, and see if there is a process Master.exe, and end the process(es). (Note - it looks like you may be running Vista, so I am not sure whether Task Manager is the same under Vista as it is in XP.)

I don't know why it would worry about another A:M process, as I often run several instances at the same time working on different projects.

Good luck.

• Admin

This sounds familiar to me. Perhaps you are using Windows Vista?

I occasionally get an RPC error that... believe it or not... refuses to let me shut A:M down.

A nice problem to have I must admit.

The problem on my end however is that if I ever get that 'Switch to' dialogue it never lets me switch to anything.

There is usually a 'Cancel' button too but I can't cancel anything either. And the 'X' up there in the upper right corner is no help either as it refuses to close the dialogue box. This sounds like the same problem that you are having.

I end up having to terminate A:M via Control/Alt/Delete and killing A:M via Task Manager (as Caroline describes).

I've had similar problems with Coreldraw in Windows Vista.

Before I use to get the error occasionally upon startup too.

As I recall what fixed it for me was reinstalling (or simply running) A:M with Administrative rights on.

In Vista you can Right Click and choose (Run As Administrator).

I admit my attack was more of a workaround as I never really discovered what the problem was.

I don't remember reinstalling A:M as an Admin but that may have been it.

If I find out anything more I'll try to post it here.

2. Uninstall A:M, restart the computer, reinstall A:M, restart the computer and start A:M.

3. Go into Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt +Del), click the Processes tab, and see if there is a process Master.exe, and end the process(es). (Note - it looks like you may be running Vista, so I am not sure whether Task Manager is the same under Vista as it is in XP.)

I don't know why it would worry about another A:M process, as I often run several instances at the same time working on different projects.

Good luck.

Thnks,

I tried all of the above and it still does the same. Could this be due to a virus?

I have Windows XP. I am also not busy running any other programs, or are busy with any other projects when I try to run A:M and it gives me this error message.

Good luck.

Thnks,

I tried all of the above and it still does the same. Could this be due to a virus?

I have Windows XP. There is also no other program running or any other project that I am busy with when I try to run A:M.