Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I need flock to work in this project

I need flocking to work in this project. I need my bats to fly around the objects in this project. The flocking system is not working in this project. the camera is all ready animated and the trees are already animated, but the flocking system stopped working in the certain project.

I can't get the flocking system to populate at all now. I need about 3--40 bats flocking aournd. I can't animate 30 bats like the flcoking birds systme can. The particle system is on. I have no idea what to do now.?? I can't believe it has to be this difficult. The flocking system stopped working in my project. It was working, now is will do nothing. I need serious help in getting the flocking to work again in this project, not a new project. Ok, where are the smart braining animators out here.?

Hans

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Make sure you have Particles turned on in your Render Panel.

Edit: I see in another post that you checked this in the Camera but A:M may not be set to use your Camera's settings.

Look in Tools/Options on the Render tab for that setting.

Also... once you have flocking going as expected...

Consider this tip to increase the variety of models you can have in your flock.

Add another model or models to your current model (the container model can even be an empty model) as Action objects.

This will allow you to flock multiple models at the same time within the same setup.

Here's a workaround/alternative method for when Flocking doesn't give you the control you need.

Consider animating your models on paths, (where you can very closely control the movement) rendering with the Alpha Channel on. Then you can composite, move and change the speed/timing of the models as you need while placing the models over/under each other as desired.