Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Issue w/ #033 Realtime Render

flashawd

Having an issue - I am working on a project and my model when I try to view as shaded the message pops up "Exception #033 Realtime Render" - it also said when I opened the model "CP listed twice" - I think that was the wordingin - I guess somehow there is a CP w/ the same name or something? Has anyone ever run into this issue? How do I get the section in the properties that show's all the CP's - maybe I can find it in there and delete it - if that is the issue. Any help or suggestions would be great.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, that was interesting - the last thing I modelled was the character's hand/arm sticking out the end of his coat and then made a copy of it flipping it in the x axis and moving it over to his other arm. I just deleted one of the hands and the character would render fine then I copied it again and flipped it and moved back and problem is gone.... I guess it's good - thanks anyway.

AM repairs this when it finds a model with a cp listed twice. It's not sure why it happens, but I guess it's something to do with Copy/Flip/Attach.

Anyway, if you save the model after AM repairs it. Then open it up again, it might get rid of the 033 error.

Hi Ken - I delete the second hand and it fixes the problem. I shut down the program and open it up again - and again, no problem. I delete the hand copy and paste the first hand and put the hand back into place and it works fine - I then shut down the program and same problem. I guess I could make him a one handed character. ;-) Also, how do I get into the area that it shows all the individual CP's and their associated numbers? Thanks for your help - Happy St Patrick's day out in Ireland. ;-)

This is getting weirder and weirder - I was wrong, when I removed the hand and closed down AM and reopen the same error pops up - so it isn't just the hand. Something about the model must be corrupt - I think I will have to wing it and fix it each time I open the program - it is a project for the client, is what sucks about it. All I have to do is open the model - it gives me the error - highlight the hand cut and paste it and it work fine. Anyone have any idea what the deal is??

Thanks again - Eric

Not really, but you could try pasting the hand out of the model into a new one. Save both models and see what happens.

If you're using Direct3D try switching to Opengl.

Happy Patricks Day back! :D

Hello ...

I too have had this problem before (in version 12) but I can't remember what I did to fix it. I believe mine had something to do with group names. My problem was I had selected some splines/CPs ... grouped them with a name ... and then during a period of time deleted some of those splines/CP associated with that group name. I guess what I'm trying to say is to make sure that your group names actually still refer to the section and splines you want. If you have any group names that don't refer to anything then just delete that group name. I do recall that I also used the copy/flip/attach feature so it may also be linked to that. Hope that helps to solve your problem.

Bruce

I hate to be a 'me to'er...but, me to.

When the 'CP listed twice' or the "033" thing comes up I'll usually immediately save and reopen the project. Not a big deal, save often I guess.

The thing that's been KILLING me is every once in a while I will be doing something REAL simple, like changing the color on a group (On a real detailed model, TONS of groups, TONS of decals and TONS of 5 sided patches) and BANGO! all-a-sudden I notice all my 5 point patches are not showing. Close project...NO save...reopen, still bad! I'll then weigh the odds between fixing them or reverting back to the latest version of my model, and usually end up fixing all the bad 5 pointers (select the 5 points, hit the button...maybe 40 or 50 times) and then I realize, all my decals that overlapped a 5 pointer need to be repositioned and re-applied.

I hate to be a 'me to'er...but, me to.

You too huh? ;)

Yeah, I also suggest to clean up your groups if they're all over the shop. There's an automated plugin for it if it'll take too long. I seem to remember something like this too. I think I had selected a group in another model and added cps in the open model to that group. So, AM got confused understandably.

Hi Everyone - thanks for all the imput - I tried everything and it got weird. I tried deleting all the non used groups and that didn't fix the problem. Then I tried cutting the hand out and saving as it's own model - then importing it into the model... that didn't work. Then I grabbed the entire model and copied it and pasted it into a new model - I got the error "error in the model file at cpid 5443 anchor loop attempting to continue" then I clicked "continue" - and it pasted the entire thing w/ one cp pointing way out to the side which I deleted and then fixed the portion it was a part of - that fixed the problem. The version that had the issue that I copied then had every 5 point patch missing, so it was a mess. But the other one is working fine, and I opened and closed the program a couple of times, and all is good. Thanks for all your help, this is a big project for a client, and I really didnt' need the problem. ;) Thanks again, and have a great night. - Eric