Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hair System

flashawd

Hi - I created a hair system for a model. I want the hair to a shade of grey and brown so I created a new attribute (cell turb) as part of this hair system and made it grey and brown. When I apply the hair system material to the model the hair is showing as white. Can anyone let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks - Eric

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not working for me in v15, and I don't think it did for me in v14 either, as I have put in a couple of reports - the same project does in v13. However, as thefreshestever says, the decal method works well. Applying it is a bit confusing - you may need to revisit the wookie exercise in TAOA:M.

test.prj

This project renders correctly for me in v13 but not v 15.

Thanks guys for your replies - Sebastian thanks for bringing up the decal - I had forgotten about that. For anyone who wasn't sure about the decal - it is under the Hair System's "hair emitter" there is a section at the top that says "image" - that is where you import the image. Still not sure why the other is not working for me - it wasn't set to white, but I'll give the decal a try and see how it looks. Thanks again - E

Thanks - I never realised that you could apply an image to the hair like that - I always apply it as a decal and change the type of decal to Other > Hair > Diffuse Colour. I wonder which is better. I would have thought you could apply the decal more accurately.