sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pagoda

I've been focusing on rigging, stylization, particle systems, I thought it was time I concentrate on something new for a while. I decided to try and work on terrain. The first thing that came to mind (for whatever reason) was an oriental mountain top with a small pagoda, a waterfall, and an enlarged looking banzai tree. I modeld and textured the mountain...now I need to find (or make) a pagoda, and somehow a waterfall. If anyone has any suggestions for making a waterfall or has a model of a pagoda that would be great. I doodled a bad drawing to kind of get the idea of the layout.

Thanks for your time,

Masna

post-11238-1205449081_thumb.jpg

post-11238-1205449089_thumb.jpg

post-11238-1205449094_thumb.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the terrain plug-in

Oh, I haven't tried that yet.

If you want it that simple, the pagoda looks fairly easy - just extrude a circle and scale each spline as you go up.

The water could be a DarkTree material applied to a modelled waterfall.

If you have v13 (?) up, the plugin is built into A:M - create the material, right click the Attribute, change type to > Plugin > Darksim > SimbiontA:M. You then load the DarkTree material under Properties.

Otherwise you need to go to http://www.darksim.com/html/simbiontam.html and install SimbiontAM. I have not ever done this.

If you mean where do you find the DarkTree Material, they are on the same site in the Downloads section under Shaders.

Thanks for the tip, Eric. I ttok your advice and used particles. The only problem i'm having is with rendering. Whenever I render the choreography form the camera view, the mountain is invisible. I took pictures of the rendering options. If anyone could tell me what exactly it is that i'm doing wrong, that would be great.

Thanks for the help,

Masna

post-11238-1206921139_thumb.jpg

post-11238-1206921148_thumb.jpg

post-11238-1206921154_thumb.jpg

post-11238-1206921159_thumb.jpg

I don't know what is wrong with your settings. Maybe someone else can immediately pin point it?

What I would try is changing the Rendering Options to use This Dialog, rather than The Camera, and then render to tga with all options turned OFF except particles, and see how that goes.

Try turning the fog off. I think particles ignore fog, that's why it's the only thing showing.

Also, as Caroline said, try changing it to this dialog, instead of the camera. You may have different setting in the camera properties, which doesn't show in the render options you are showing us.