sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Information on Creating a Decal with a Quicktime File?

Laconic

Hi!

I seem to have successfully made a QT file that imports and can be placed on my object, but I can't make it animate in the choreography.

Are there any tutorials or threads that can help guide through the process of adding a QT Movie decal to an object?

Thanks!

T

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I am understanding your problem, but this works for me:

1. Right click Images in PWS > Import > Animation or Sequence

2. Locate and import your QT.

3. Create a new model, with a surface.

4. Right click in the modelling window > New > Decal

5. Choose your QT.

6. Create a new choreography.

7. Drag the model into the chor

The QT plays on the model.

QTtest.mov

Hi Caroline,

Thanks. It doesn't seem to work and I haven't yet pinpointed the problem. Did you have to change any of the settings like the "length" of the clip in the image properties?

If you just go to a particular spot in the timeline, does it just show the corresponding frame?

Any other suggestions are appreciated..

T

1. Right click Images in PWS > Import > Animation or Sequence

2. Locate and import your QT.

3. Create a new model, with a surface.

4. Right click in the modelling window > New > Decal

5. Choose your QT.

6. Create a new choreography.

7. Drag the model into the chor

The QT plays on the model.

QTtest.mov

No - I didn't change anything, just did exactly as listed.

What A:M version are you on? I was using 15.

Could it be the QT compression? What does the format show in Quicktime, Windows > Movie Inspector?

Have you tried rendering to a .tga sequence, and using that as the animation. (When you import it, you select Images > Import > Animation or Sequence, and just choose the first .tga in the sequence, not all of them.)

Ohhhh - The movie does not show for me until render time. You could try Shift Q, Render Lock Mode, and right click drag a box around the area. At that time it will show the corresponding QT frame for the time.

Hello Caroline,

Thanks. I will try these other suggestions, as well. Your help is much appreciated!

Tim

Could it be the QT compression? What does the format show in Quicktime, Windows > Movie Inspector?

Have you tried rendering to a .tga sequence, and using that as the animation. (When you import it, you select Images > Import > Animation or Sequence, and just choose the first .tga in the sequence, not all of them.)

Ohhhh - The movie does not show for me until render time. You could try Shift Q, Render Lock Mode, and right click drag a box around the area. At that time it will show the corresponding QT frame for the time.

SUCCESS!

I exported my QT file into an image sequence of TGA files and it worked!

Thanks for the suggestion, Caroline!

Tim

Hello Caroline,

Thanks. I will try these other suggestions, as well. Your help is much appreciated!

Tim