Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My head

Pyro

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forum, but i was on the mailing list a couple years back. Anyways, here is my attempt to model my head. What i need to do is add hair, smooth the model out some more, and make me not look that old (after all, im only 16)

post-7-1075427559.gif

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Derrick,

That's an impressive model for any age modeler. To help smooth out the mesh, try to make the patches as close to square as possible without losing your detail. And eventually you might want to try the porcelain material that comes on the cd, in the data/materials/geometry folder. It really smooths things nicely.

If you can post a wireframe shot, we can probably offer more opinions and/or advice.

Nice job,

Jim

The splinage looks pretty good overall but you'll do yourself a favor by taking out about half those splines. Anything that does not effect the overall shape, when taken out will make the model a lot smoother. Also on the cd under Data>Materials(?)>Geometry>Porcelain.mat there is the porcelain material that smooths out a lot of problems.

One of the main places to remove splines is in the nose/lips/chin area, I count somewhere along the lines (no pun intended) of 13 vertical splines I think 5, or maybe even 3 would do the job (particularly on the chin). Also on the nose on the big part (that is the scientific term :) ) there are several horizontal splines that seem to affect the general shape in no way. There may also be too many forehead splines.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm ripping it to shreds... You've got a great model there. I'm fairly new to this so take my advice with a grain of salt.