Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New Web Subscription

brockgs

Howdy all. I just purchased the web subscription to get back into using A:M (started using it back in the early 90s when it was Playmation)..but am having some trouble. I'm running on an MacBook Pro with 3GB of RAM and 10.5.1, but am crashing constantly. It's a clean install of 10.5.1 so there are no old preference files from my older version of A:M that I previously purchased.

What I'm wondering is:

1. Is A:M 15.0a the only version that I can run under the web subscription? I was expecting to be running a final release, not alpha.

2. Is there a specific version of the OS that works better than others for the most current release of A:M?

Thanks! I'm dying to pickup where I left off last time with this creative outlet. :-)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Why do you think it's an alpha? The "a" denotes the first in the final release versions. So, you'll be intitled to v15b when it's released. This will have enhancements that have been reported. v15 is the only version you can run with your subscription code.

2. Wouldn't like to say. But XP works fine for me.

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Being a developer, any 'a' after a version number to me represents alpha. With all my previous purchases of A:M, I've always played the game of having my CD subscription version on one hard drive and then the latest build on another drive...having development builds has always been part of my A:M experience.

I'll just just back to the drawing board and experiment with going back to 10.4 on another partition and see if that helps at all. Rendering crashes 1 out of 3 times right now and so do many other random actions just playing with basic models.

• Admin
I'll just just back to the drawing board and experiment with going back to 10.4 on another partition and see if that helps at all. Rendering crashes 1 out of 3 times right now and so do many other random actions just playing with basic models.

Hopefully some Mac experts will chime in and help you optimize.

I'll edit your topic to include the word 'Mac'.

Mainly though, I just wanted to welcome you back!

So...

WELCOME BACK! :)

I'm no Mac expert but I have 15a running on OSx 10.5.1 on my iMac with 3gb RAM. There are some issues and I have reported them using AMReports and hopefully they will be resolved soon enough but crashing is only an issue when I try to render everynow and then. I have no problems at all on a Bootcamp install on the same machine under XP.

Have you reported your problems to AM yet? (see the AMReports link on this forum) Generally speaking there is no-one on the forum who is likely to be able to assist you to overcome crashing problems. They tend to be machine/user specific.

Cheers