Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Tank in Progress

I modelled a tank which I want to model again in a videotutorial about mechanical modelling in A:M.

But I have a problem with a volumetric light. It has a strange ray in the middle. Maybe someone can tell me what is happening there.

Thanks in advance

*Fuchur*

tank.jpg

tank2_am.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try placing the volumetric light just slightly ahead of the geometry.

It is already. The bone of the light is already ahead of the geometry. I dragged it even further away so that nothing from the light-gizmo was touching the geometry at all, but it didn't make any difference.

Thanks for your answer anyway :)

*Fuchur*

adjust fallout ?? not at home to 100%

Hm... You mean fall-off? That is regulating the length of the volumetric light...

I played a bit around and found the property which seems to cause this problem. It is the width-softness... If I drag that to 0% the problem is gone. But I loose a bit of realism there...

Thanks for your answers anyway :)

I will write a report to Hash on this issue.

*Fuchur*

I investigated the problem a bit further and I could find the situations where it occured.

It will only occur if you use certain combinations of cone-angle- and width-softness-values.

In my test-project it occurs if you use 15 degree for the cone-angle and a value of 50% - 55% for width-softness-value.

So I only have to find the right combination for my tank-project to track down this problem.

I wrote a detailed report on this one. It isn't very bad if you know the walkaround so.

*Fuchur*