guy123

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there also a way to see individual frames in the video imported? When I did it, it only showed the first frame. But, if I want to make my animation interact with something that is moving around in the live action video or if the camera is moving around, how would I do that?

And just for the sake of it, I'll repost the Combining CG Characters with Live Action tutorial link again.

Once your video is imported, it can be used many ways. It can be applied to geometry as a decal(drag and drop it onto your model) OR- it can be used as a rotoscope (A guide for which to setup your animation or to model to...) To have your video act as rotoscope, drag and drop it from the 'images' to the camera in your chor. Switch to software render mode (9) and the video 'should' be visible when looking thru the camera (1)...at this point you may want to make it transparent or ghosted so you can see your scene behind it better. Scroll to another frame, and the movie should scroll as well. SOMETIMES this does not work so well, and the user will need to update graphic card drivers or switch from OpenGL to DirectX or vice-versa...

Another way you can use the video is as a 'Layer' in the choreography. It will simply be placed in the chor and fully scaleable/rotatable/movable. This feature makes your A:M choreography quite a capable little 3D compositor.