Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How do you set up a an FK constraint for 2001 rig?

Jeetman

[edit]

I meant IK. I always get them mixed up.

I'm so use to just turning on IK that I forgot how to do it on the 2001 rig.

I thought all I needed to do was to use a "translate to" and "orient like" constraints for the hand bone but it's not working. After constraining the hands to a null, when I go to move the hips, the hand bone stays locked but the other bones in the arm continue to move pulling the mesh of course.

I'm trying to create an animation of rabbit turning to sit in a chair. He's reaching back to grab the arms of the chair to support himself as he settles into the chair. I want to set the FK there so the hands are locked to the arms of the chair. I was going to use a single null or 2 (if you can't constrain 2 bones to 1 null).

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

George

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2001 rig has an IK arm setup. Go to rigs>setup. It's not a switch like the squetch rig though.

Thanks Mark.

I found the switch that turned on the IK but it's not working as I'd had hoped. Even witht he IK on, it still appears that the nulls are children of the hips. Unlike the Squetch rig, if you move the hips, the nulls move with them.

George

I'm trying to see if I can create the tutorial I promised a while ago about overloading actions and blending them with chor actions. I wanted the action to stand alone without an action object to constrain to so what I've tried is to constrain to nulls but It's not working very well. I guess I'll have to use an action object (chair).

Thanks again for the response,

George