Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Circularity found in my Model

LIGHTBEING

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is, it is a constraint problem.

Did you rig the model? Did you add any constraints, specifically to the "hips"?

Circularity usually indicactes that one thing is based on another, but the other is based on the one thing. Making it circular. Since this would make any change in one result in a never ending change.

Not the most clear and probably not the most accurate explanation, but it's my best at the moment.

Glenn

well i did make my model some pants, and then made sure the pants were linked up with the hip bone, u know , the upper part of the pants pants.

i opened a action window and moved him around and it worked fine, the next day for no reason the hips were'nt working right. how do i fix it u think? :unsure:

I don't know that I can help you there. Do you have a backup of the Model from before the problem occurred?

If not, I would recommend you save a backup of it now and then check the relationships. If the message is accurate, the it should be called Relationship 1, it is a Translate to ( not a scale or a Rotate....) and the object of the translate to is "balance point".

Sounds like part of a standard Rig. What rig are you using? 2001, TSM, the rig from TWO?

Glenn

its my own model am.v12

i dont make copies of my models anymore.

the last time i made a copy, i made sevrel copies, i made a mistake and deleted one of them, and i whent to get the other copy and found out there all deleted :s just because i deleted just that one, i know... it doesnt make sence but it happend :P

any way heres a picture

post-9534-1198525455_thumb.jpg

post-9534-1198525474_thumb.jpg

Unless someone has a better Idea, I would recommend deleting the rig and re-rigging. I'm not a great rigger and limited in my knowledge of constraints.

I would really recommend saving your Models at various stages of progress. Especially making changes to Models once they are rigged.

If you have your model embedded in a Project file, then change it to unebbeded, save to a new location/name/number and then re-embed it.

If you Have your file as a Model File (.mdl), then close the file you are working on, and in Windows (or Apple OS) use the file manager to copy the MDL (and all its maps, materials etc...) to another folder with a discriptive name (and maybe date).

Glenn

How did you link the pants to the hips? I'm assuming you assigned the cp's to the pelvis bone (2001 rig?) Did you change the hierarchy of the bones at all? Did you add any constraints to your model?

It sounds like it's fixable, but I'd have to look at the model file.

well, ill answer the 1st question first:

the first time i deleted the bones from my model, to try to start over again to re-rig it, ALL the other models were deleted too.

i went to reload a nother saved model from a diffrent place and i could see it was loading my model, then it was a blank window, this is my 3ed model :s

theres gotta be some 1 there that can help me, i have an idea could some 1 ask someone els? to answer my question?

anyway...

the 2ed question:

the side bones on the side r bones for ironmans side pods. i know there put in right, i put them in months ago

the model has worked fine till i made his torso whatever its called.

post-9534-1198621836_thumb.jpg

post-9534-1198621855_thumb.jpg

hey let me guess, i bet the torso has nothing to do with its messing up huh :s because i didnt toch the hips at all, hmmm

i think its just murphys law thats kicking in.

can inay 1 in animation master work space help me?

thx paul

well, ill answer the 1st question first:

the first time i deleted the bones from my model, to try to start over again to re-rig it, ALL the other models were deleted too.

i went to reload a nother saved model from a diffrent place and i could see it was loading my model, then it was a blank window, this is my 3ed model :s

theres gotta be some 1 there that can help me, i have an idea could some 1 ask someone els? to answer my question?

anyway...

the 2ed question:

the side bones on the side r bones for ironmans side pods. i know there put in right, i put them in months ago

the model has worked fine till i made his torso whatever its called.

post-9534-1198621836_thumb.jpg

post-9534-1198621855_thumb.jpg

hey let me guess, i bet the torso has nothing to do with its messing up huh :s because i didnt toch the hips at all, hmmm

i think its just murphys law thats kicking in.

can inay 1 in animation master work space help me?

thx paul

post-9534-1198622772_thumb.jpg

no, i havent reriged the model 4 a long time, before or after the problem, thats why i think its murphys law.

this happend before...people say start over.................this is my 3 model, if i start over again, it will just mess up again 4 no reason, any ideas??

thx paul:)

It will mess up for no reason???

are you sure about that?

you don't get a circularity found message for no reason.

there is a relationship problem in the rig.

No way for us to find it for you unless we have the actual model to inspect

or you can give us more info....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

Delete the 2 ideas I circled in the image. The version you sent me doesn't have the right foot target in the bones folder of the smartskin, that needs to be removed as well, and delete the user properties folder that is directly under the splines folder.

im6.JPG