sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problem with copy flip and attach

Postality

I am making a face and made part of the right side of the face and wanted to copy flip and paste it to see what it looked like and I'm not sure why but when I do it makes a copy of partial face in front of it and attaches the tips of the nose...

I checked my views and yes I'm in frontal view when modeling the front of the face so I don't know what's happening.

I'm very new to AM so if you answer my question, please be as detailed as possible.

original face

halfoftheface.jpg

my problem...

problem.jpg

Thank you guys.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, make sure that the center spline is at "0" on the 'X' axis by selecting the spline and scaling it on the 'X' axis to 0%. Select a point on the spline, make sure it's at "0" on the 'X' axis...if it's not, select the entire spline again and move it to "0" on the 'X' axis.

Next, select then entire model, hold down the "Shift" key and select a point that is on the center line ("0" on the 'X' axis), right mouse click and select "copy/flip/attach".

Hope that helps.

I highly doubt it's you. I'm quite new to the 3d world, I've plated around in max a few times but it just wasn't a very nice environment to work in, for me anyway.

I'm a 2D animator and game designer (By Hobby), and I've been using Moho AKA Anime Studio for years now but there comes a time where having character rotating and moving in diffrent directions is a real pain in 2D. I just figured that if I build a Character once in 3D that's all I have to do.

Picture this. Draw 25x the same character in diffrent views to get him to do a kick, or build him once and make him learn complete martial arts.

Personally I find 3D easier in a way, maybe not the character creation part of it, but overall reusable characters that you can use for anything is a definate.

And of course with the toon filter on apparently I can make it look 2D so there we go.

Right now I'm on a loaner version of A:M to test out and learn some things to show the school I want to get it for.

Any Idea when 2008 will come out? I don't really want to get 2007 if I have to pay another $100 if 2008 is just around the corner...

Right now I'm on a loaner version of A:M to test out and learn some things to show the school I want to get it for.

Any Idea when 2008 will come out? I don't really want to get 2007 if I have to pay another $100 if 2008 is just around the corner...

There is usually a new version released sometime in December or early in the next year...the people at Hash would know better than me, but that appears to be the norm.

okay, thanx alot for your help itsjustme, you've been a great help. I hope there's more answers where this one came from being new I'm sure I'll have more questions. For now I'm golden and modeling at the moment.

I downloaded all the tutorial videos from AM site, they should help.

are there any other resources such as video tutorials made by users that you can refer me to? that would also lower my question count and I can learn some things on my own instead.

Thanx.

are there any other resources such as video tutorials made by users that you can refer me to? that would also lower my question count and I can learn some things on my own instead.

There's the Tutorials section of the forum. In there, you will find the Tech Talk videos, a list of links, the A.R.M. (which is no longer maintained, but still some useful links), etc.

Those should get you started...hope they are helpful.

• 6 months later...