sprockets Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

First Shot of the movie

Cross

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

have you tried the explosion material on the cd it can produce nice explosions

exp.mov

Yeah, i tried it and i'm probably going to tweak the picture decals with it though, to give it that big blue burst that covenant vehicles have when they explode. Thanks though in advanced! Do you like what i have so far?

Cross it was hard to see but looked interesting.. I assume you will adjust the lighting with the explosion. Better then my $1.98 sample

XD yeah... i've had major issues with our systems supporting my crazy lighting expectations... I actually have a ton of lights... all turned off right now so that i can render them later at home. But yes, i'm working on that, definately. It's just been a dream of mine to make a AMV from SCRATCH of Halo2

Cross

To get a blue explosion you just have to adjust the colors setting of each of the sprites they are set to change color over time you would just have to make it turn blue instead of orange....you adjust the curve for the rgb colors in the sprite material area not in the chor...here is a quick hatchet job I did wit the sample I posted

bexp.mov

its small to rush it through but you get the idea.. if you get stuck just ask

Cross

To get a blue explosion you just have to adjust the colors setting of each of the sprites they are set to change color over time you would just have to make it turn blue instead of orange....you adjust the curve for the rgb colors in the sprite material area not in the chor...here is a quick hatchet job I did wit the sample I posted

bexp.mov

its small to rush it through but you get the idea.. if you get stuck just ask

Yeah, i just went through last night and i figured it out. I thought originally it was the sprites that were red but i found out how it works, thanks! I'll post the new movie once it renders.

Because the render time was TRIPLED when i added explosions, im opting to just have a sound in the distance that the Marine (the one holding the camera) will pan to look at, startled and then look at the chief and call to him ("What the hell was that?") later, i'll have the chief look back at the bridge and hold out his hand "I need a gun." and have hands with a rocket launcher come from the perspective of the camera. The Chief will prime the rocket launcher and sling it over his shoulder to end the scene.

I have this up to the point of the Chief turning to answer the marine. No sound yet.

View the Second post, the first one was corrupted.

First_frames_Take_2.mov

First_frames_Take_2.mov

I think the shot needs to have more time on the explosion. Normally when people see explosions, they tend to look at them for a bit longer than half a second. As far as the explosion is concerned, have you considered rendering out an explosion, and applying it as a different layer floating out in space? It will most likely be faster, and your explosion is not going to change much from your point of view.

I think the shot needs to have more time on the explosion. Normally when people see explosions, they tend to look at them for a bit longer than half a second. As far as the explosion is concerned, have you considered rendering out an explosion, and applying it as a different layer floating out in space? It will most likely be faster, and your explosion is not going to change much from your point of view.

I'll try it... worth a shot, but these systems just dont have the capability to render explosions at ALL. I'll have to do teh shots with explosions at home... for now, i'll just use sounds. As for the length of the aftershock of the explosion, i'll extend that now, thanks!