sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Translate Manipulator

lomvuho

How to establish exact parameters for Translate Manipulator. While it is possible to move only it any way. I tried to insert values in Show Manipulator Propertits, but Manipulator to it does not react. It creates a problem at performance precisely symmetry commands "Flip".

Thanks!

Apologize for my bad English.

post-1234-1193819097_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You should use the pivot-settings (if I understand you right).

That should move the pivot to where you want it. Or you can just delete the group (not geometry, only the group) and recreate it. The pivot will be centered again.

*Fuchur*

I am not sure I am understanding what you want to do:

If you want to re-center the pivot of the group then select the group and hit "." twice. Then select the translate manipulator ("n") - the pivot should then be centered.

You can then use the arrow keys (as well as your mouse) to translate the group.

If you want to change where the pivot is for the group - ie make it NOT centered then you can also drag the pivot without dragging the group, or you can type in the coordinates for the pivot in the manipulator properties box. I found I had more luck first centering the pivot (with the double .) and then dragging the pivot, or typing in the coordinates. (ver 14c)

I think you want to precisely center the model. Here is a solution:

Select the whole model. then shift-click one CP on your model vertical axis (the topmost CP will do that). In the manipulator properties, enter "0" for "X offset" property. Then select one CP on your model horizontal axis (the rightmost CP will do that) and enter 0 in the "Y Offset" property.