sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to add a New Model, Sound, Action into the Libraries?

Jentham2000

Hi Everyone,

I need to add a New Model (mdl) and a New Sound (wav) into the library on my hard drive. I tied to copy and paste the files into the appropriate directories, but they Do Not show up as a thumbnail. Each time I open the progam, I can never see them in the libraries window even though they are physically in that directory.

Has anyone else run into this before?

Thanks, Bob

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

I need to add a New Model (mdl) and a New Sound (wav) into the library on my hard drive. I tied to copy and paste the files into the appropriate directories, but they Do Not show up as a thumbnail. Each time I open the progam, I can never see them in the libraries window even though they are physically in that directory.

Has anyone else run into this before?

Thanks, Bob

Right click in the modeling window and select 'create icon' (or something close -- I don't have am open right now), then in the PWS right click on the model name and select 'add to library'. Or (and for everything else including sounds) drag it from the PWS to the library window. Note: you must have moved the library from the CD to your hard disk.

Or... click on Tools->Options and sel the folder tab... locate library files in the drop down. Here you specify where am looks for lib files. Pick a place NOT in the AM program folder (or you'll lose it when you upgrade). Now organize all of your models, materials, etc in file folders (use the stuff {the data folder} from the CD that you moved to your hard disk as a starting point). Then run the lib_manager program (search the forum for the link) to build the lib file. Now every time you add something new, filing it away in you folder structure, rerun lib_manage (name approximate) to update the AM libraries.

Haven't had coffee yet, hope that's clear enough.

Rusty

Rusty