Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hair System w/ CellTurb combiner

flashawd

I am in the Technical Reference manual studying the section "Hair Material with Multiple Attributes" page 39. I understand how hair works and how to set up a hair system, but for the character I am working on now I want to step it up a notch. The sample has a hair system with a CellTurb combiner with 2 different colors to give it a great 2 tone more realistic look. I added the Hair system w/ 2 emitters (one grey) and added the cellTurb with 2 attributes - similiar to what they did - orange and brown. The image I have below look nothing like the realistic fur ball in the book... what am I not getting here?

Thanks - Eric

rat0002.jpg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi John - that's a little better. ;) I downloaded your material.zip but it is in version 14.06 - I can seem to find that download section, just the main download of 14.0 from the support section - can you point me in the direction of the additional smaller downloads? Thank you.

Not sure if its in the support area I just tried it after looking at the book. Which version are you working with ? I can try to post a screen capture of my settings later

--later

material.jpg

gray hair density set to .1 uncolored hair set to 1 and takes its color from cellturb