sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bouncy Castles and other stuff to inflate

After a long and bad time, of no job, no money and almost no perspective, i finaly have a new client, who confronted me with an quite unusual task. This guy is doing "bouncy castles" and he needs someone who designs this stuff and is doing the layouts for the final cutting forms, which are used to assemble that stuff in the end.

My first job for him was to design some "cosmetics" for an large construction, called "Multi Tower". Its a constuction where kids can play, climb and do some trampolin jumping. When they finished that thing, they found, that it looks like everything else, but not like something to play with. Since the cost of this baby is somewhere around 70 000 €, the clients where affraid, that it might not attract the customes just by itself because of its strange look, which does not suggest something to play with. So, they came up with the idea of an enhancement, which can be inflated, and enhance the play value and the overall appeal of the whole thing. That was the point wher i cam in, because i got the task, to desing and develop that enhancement.

Now the design stage is over, the customer is quite happy with the enhancement, and will start to do the developement. During the design stage, all work was done with A:M, and i wanted to share the results of my work. From here on, i will have to use a number of other programms, in order to archive the results i need.

So, thats the whole story, hope you like the "Caribean Adventure Enhancement".

Cheers,

Heiner

Karibik_Adventure__0.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aaaaah, not the whole thing is "inflatable" stuff. The blue core object is made ut of metal and such materials. I add another picture from a different ange, where you can see it better.

Cheers, Heiner

Karibik_Adventure__1.jpg

I can see why this wouldn't look like something to play with before you added the inflatable stuff. Do you think these will be showing up in the USA?

Now you need to suggest that you could design a whole series of inflatable stuff with different themes. You know kids quickly get bored with anything and are always looking for something new.

I dont think, that this will show up in the US, but you never know what kind of deals the big ones in this business are making, when they are on a trade fair and some beers are allready history.

And rest assured, i am allready working on some other motives, for bouncy castles without this skeleton. With the Multitower skeleton, i am sure, that they will approach me for other stuff, as soon as this baby is printed, cuted out, assembled, inflated and good looking.

Right now, they have a 70 000 € toy, which looks rather like some scaffolding (hope thats the right term for the things which workers use on constrution sites), but not like something where you can play on.

Regards,

Heiner