Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

huge bounding box/bone problem

edlundart

i've been making models for a little while, putting them into a choreography, and animating with them. but now i made a new model, and when i try to import it into my chor, the model gets a huge bounding box around it with a huge bone somewhere away from the object. if i edit the model, the root bone is smaller and placed correctly. but back in the chor, it has this huge misplaced one. how do i get the bounding box to appear normal again, so that i can easily manipulate the model (ie, rotate it, animate it) ?

i have found other threads where people have this or a similar sounding problem, but i have yet to find a clear answer i cold grasp. any help would be appreciated -- thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard of that before. Are you sure you're looking at the root bone in the bone window? Select a blank space round the model in bones mode to see the root bone. Also, if you open the model in a brand new chor does it look the same?

KenH, your suspicion was correct! i thought it was the root bone, but as it turns out, when i selected a blank area in bones mode, the giant root bone showed up. so, i can now scale and position it to my liking. i don't get what the other bone is then, but it was labeled COG and was a remnant from the cube primitive i used to create this particular model. what is that bone for? anyway, thanks so much to both you and largento for helping!

KenH, your suspicion was correct! i thought it was the root bone, but as it turns out, when i selected a blank area in bones mode, the giant root bone showed up. so, i can now scale and position it to my liking. i don't get what the other bone is then, but it was labeled COG and was a remnant from the cube primitive i used to create this particular model. what is that bone for? anyway, thanks so much to both you and largento for helping!

The bones determins, where the rotation- & scale-pivot is and how big the model is ;)

The other bone called "COG" was from a rig, which was implemented by hand, the "root"-bone (which will be the model-bone in the choreo) is generated for every Model by the computer.

*Fuchur*