Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

chaging colors with relationships/poses/whatever

jon

heyo,

it's been months since i left v8.5 for the latest production version of a:m, but i'm still struggling with some of the new tricks.

fer instance, how do i set up a relationship that changes one or more group's colors. ideally, i'd have 6 or 8 color sets in one pose, but i'll take what i can get. ' ' )

thanks!

-jon

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did this in V13

got a model started a percentage pose and at 0 ,25,50,75,100% I changed the color of each group

I put 5 copies into the chor and animated their position and size and set the pose to different values for each one at 0 10 20 and 30 frames

posec.mov

posec.zip v13 project

The PWS-Tree-Symbol (show more than drivers-symbol) is one of the most hidden and most powerful things in you PWS...

It can be found if you for example make a new pose, go to the Relationship-Action which is temporarly there when you click on the pose itself / the relationship of the pose. At the action click on the PWS-Tree-Symbol next to the action which is marked with a red cross.

Now you can manipulate many things like surfacecolor, the percentage of a decal and so on.

If you model has decals on it you will need to give the decals a new image equal to the first one, but with a different "main"-color. (That should be done in your 2d-graphics-programm, for example Photoshop.)

Than you can change the percentages of the two images under the decal and by that blending from the first to the second one.

*Fuchur*

thanks everyone! it's a new way of thinking, but i've just about figured it out.

i'm creating a metacharacter with variable body types and coloring, and now i can litter the chor with copies and add a little variety.

muhaha!

-jon