sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Moving bones in [Skeletal] Choreography...

Coming into the last of animating the fish. This one [the big guy who eats everything] needs to have his mouth VERY wide open at the last instant. I have three seperate actions that move him. In each, his mouth moves a little. But when I go into Skeletal Mode at the very last, and drag his jaw down, that seems to over-ride all mouth action in all the actions. [ Everything else, like Fins and Tail were OK.] Fortunately, I could do an un-do and not much harm was done. But for the future, does any adjustment in the Choreography/Skeletal trump any Action?

EATER_MOUTH_QUESTION.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you're animating this in the choreography, along with your 3 action files...

you should create a new "cho action" that is set to begin at the frame you want

it to begin at.

All of this would be found, after you create a new "cho action" in the project workspace

window if you have the cho action selected.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

you should create a new "cho action" that is set to begin at the frame you want

it to begin at.

OK then, in the '.cho action' instead of Skeletal Mode. [ 'got foxed on that because the .cho action uses the Skeletal icon] But how to get more than one .cho action in a Choreography? I right-cliked on the .cho action, and 'new' was not one of the possibilities

heres' a quick tut i did for someone else about adding animation after an action.

shaggyanddoormp4b.mov

Wow. That is the single best tut on the subject I've seen yet. I had to learn that the hard way....by animating--bashing head on wall--animating--slinging keyboard across room--and animating.

Do you have the link for that posted in the newbies section. I'm sure that would be VERY beneficial to the new crowd.

• Hash Fellow
Wow. That is the single best tut on the subject I've seen yet. I had to learn that the hard way....

Thanks! It's a question that comes up fairly often, i should probably do a better one that isn't specifically tied to "The door is stuck".

Wow. That is the single best tut on the subject I've seen yet. I had to learn that the hard way....

Thanks! It's a question that comes up fairly often, i should probably do a better one that isn't specifically tied to "The door is stuck".

Anyway, I think it is helpful for any animation task. Seeing that the newbies who are doing "The Door is Stuck" often run into that problem and are really confused by it, I think it is a good one to post, anyway. I know I had the same problem while doing that excersise and it was really difficult to get an answer to "What was I doing wrong?" that made sense to a beginner. Your tut makes sense :D. Thank you on behalf of all aspiring animators.

Right click on the shortcut to the model and you'll see the New option.

OK. Thanks Ken

...and to Robcat. Thanks also. I'll watch the tut as soon as I get Quicktime re-installed.