Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Modeling a dress

seduar

Hello,

I have been trying to model a wedding dress for a long time.

I have a problem with the legs comig out of the dress.

How do I avoid that?

I try to use the cloyh material but is showing me an error. And I try to use the same bones as the body and this what happens. The legs come out the dress.

picture here.

Help please!

post-9973-1185740255_thumb.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd advise you to watch the cloth tech talk.....in particular, it says to set the chor cloth properties to 64 and 0 instead of 4 and 4 (I think those are the figures) which avoids the errors more than not.

Like Ken says, follow those tech talks. They have alot of the fundamentals in there.

You can also follow my attempts to get to grips with sim cloth HERE.

You will find the settings that I used in that thread.

And just to add something here is the last test that I can find on my hard drive:

(Ignore the animating in that clip. It was just movement thrown together to test the cloth).

Thank you guys very much for your help.

I will try to go throught the tutoriol again and I will set your settings that you used in your example Paul. I wathched your Animation video .I can see you got that figured it out.

I Apreciate your help KenH and Paul.

Thank you!

Yes. She's getting married to Dex.

I thout about making a marriage scene with a little of animation.

My brother is getting married and I thout about give him an animation as a present. And If is good enough he might use it on his wedding video as a Menu.

I have been working on this for too much time.

Thank you guys for all your help.

I have been adjusting the settings on my cloth project and this is what I have come so far.

well I couldn't load up a little video that I made so I will have to tell you.

I have the cloth set up prerty good, but when I drop an action (walking) The leg still sticks out the dress even when I set the divisions of the deflector to 16.

It seems that when I drop an action one leg is inside the dresss and the other leg is outside the dress, and when she walks she walks with one leg inside and one leg outside.

Any advise on this

please posted here.

:rolleyes:

You must setup the dress so that it is a good distance away from the surface of your character. Also remember that any sudden movement will make it likely that the cloth collision detection will fail. If a CP from the cloth passes through the surface of the character it is very likely that it will get stuck there.

Make sure that the start of your simulation, if the walk action makes the leg stick through the dress at the starting frame, then you need to adjust the dress

to fit the 1st frame of your walk cycle/cloth sim.

I'm not sure, but I think you can correct the dress in muscle mode at first frame and it might(?) work.

Thank you. Arkaos

I already did that , but the step is to long and it makes the dress stick ou too much. I guess i will try to make an other action where the characters starts walking slowly and drop it before the walking cicle.

Why is that my character loads up on the backe of the dress?, is like the dress is infront and the character in the back in the chorography mode ( only) not on modeling mode. In the modeling window I tried to center the character in the middle of the dress.