Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Re-ordering Poses

Ramón López

Hi! Well, that is, I remember to have read that it was possibble, but now that I can't get it in no way I'm not totally sure yet...

But... anyway it should be possible, isn't? I mean, to click over that little four arrows icon at the left of a pose in the "User Properties" of a Model and can arrange it or put it from one folder to another, but the case is really I can't do neither of two things, look it...

post-8502-1184534015_thumb.jpg

...and cause of this the poses remains every time in the same order that it was created and if I put a pose inside a certain pose folder, that I can, then I can't undo or variate it anymore, so... it'll remain inside the folder forever? Hmmm, strange... and I'll bet/hope I must be missing something basic here... BTW, I've tried to change the order of folders created inside "Relationships --> User Properties Relationship" folder and yes, I can change the order there, but changes take no effect in "User Properties" and again all remains the same...

Well, any help/correction in this matter will be really appreciated, thanks!

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're doing it in the right place. Maybe you have to drop it on the root folder to get it outside of the folder it's in? So.....drop it onto the user properties words? There has to be a way....

Hi KenH! I've updated the image, although that doesn't clarify too much... The case is that not only I can't re-arrange my poses in the list but, even if I put a certain "Pose" inside a "Pose Folder" I won't be able to take out it never more even trying to do it in the Relationships Folder/sub-Folders! That is what seems to me the more strange thing... And, well, althought I have not lose all hope (yet...), there is not much more possibilities, isn't?? And, Even though that I'd swear have seen how someone did it in someplace sometime that I can't remember now :( (or I'll be mad... :blink:) ...Well, I'll be here looking for a way, of course any idea/clue more it'll be very well welcomed, THANKS!

It not like dragging a dropping in the PWS. As Ken said, you have to drag it to its root folder (in the user properties) or on the user property words, if there are no sub-folders. You can't drag it inbetween poses, so you have to drag all poses to its root folder in the order you want them. You can reorder the folders in the user properties the same way.

Of couse it works now!!! :D Thank you very much to both, I think I was made me a mess treating to do it in the same way as other apps do similar things; anyway... do you think it'd be a good Feature Request to can re-arrange a certain pose simply dragging it to the place you want instead have to move all the other poses just to finally get the same result? I think it'd be a very quick and intuitive way to resolve it, isn't? Unless that must exist some powerful reason cause it can't be made in that way, of course... Well, THANKS again for all! :)

PS: I knew I was not mad... (I hope you too :rolleyes:)

• 3 years later...
  • Admin
I am able to reorder the poses in the User Relationships folder in the PWS, but the poses in my model's 'Properties' window stay in the order in which they were created. Is there any way to change the pose order in in the properties window

If you are having a problem moving/reordering Poses in the Properties Window you can create a temporary Folder, drag and drop the Poses into that Folder... then drag and drop the Poses out in the order you wish to have them. Finally, delete the temporary folder.

...this is the same thing mentioned above but with more words.

I am able to reorder the poses in the User Relationships folder in the PWS, but the poses in my model's 'Properties' window stay in the order in which they were created. Is there any way to change the pose order in in the properties window

If you are having a problem moving/reordering Poses in the Properties Window you can create a temporary Folder, drag and drop the Poses into that Folder... then drag and drop the Poses out in the order you wish to have them. Finally, delete the temporary folder.

...this is the same thing mentioned above but with more words.

Thanks for the simplified answer, Rodney. I am a simple man.

Part of my problem was not precisely grabbing the "target" icon to the left of the pose name, but trying to select the pose from the name, which continued to cause incorrect results.