Furniture

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments

Haikalle: Thanks, :D .

I'm using a Skycast Righttp://skycast.artboxanimation.com

Frank:The architectural walkthrough was done in another program which shall remain nameless. It was a long term project which I started as stills, pre-multipass renderer and Skycast. When time came to do the walkthrough animation, the building was already modelled in polys. I chose to model this stuff in AM so that I'd have it to use in Master, and so I can do the next walkthrough in AM. It was modelled direct from furniture catalogue photos. I use mostly texture maps because of rendering speed.

Jurnco: Shucks, but they're nowhere near that good.

I don't know, but you have seen these close up. The uniformity on the small details appear convincing to me. With the right environmental lighting such as radiosity offers, you could make it hyper-real. Throw in some office stand-in personnel; (decaled on simple geometry); and it would fool the best eyes out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin

Trying to get John to posts some updates here :D

I believe these 'furniture' models are available for free download to anyone who purchases the Skycast program.

If this is suppose to be a secret. It ain't no more. :blink:

If I am in error. I'll apologize profusely.

Rodney

• 2 months later...

I really like your furtature. I am in pre-production on a film school portfolio project and all the planned animation takes place in an architects office. Your furniture would look good in my project. Are you planning to market your furniture collection.

AD

When you but Skycast US$25 you get access to a bonus area which includes models, seamless textures, materials and stuff.....including all the furniture models.

I'm trying to expand the service, but I need to setup a proper infrastructure and expanded webhosting :D It's always time, time, time.

Great stuff John. Your attention to detail is really nice and the bevelled edges of the models make a difference as compared to just peaking the corners. All the corrugations on the seat are modelled or are they displacement maps? (I now you have a passion for displacement maps... which is why I ask...)