Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Targa images to play on modeled TV

flashawd

Hello - I got this question all the way to the last part, and having trouble there. I am trying to play a 10 second video clip on a object (television) I created. I imported the video clip as a sequence of targa images, and set it as a decal on the (television). That worked great and when I scrolled across the timeline it played the video. The problem is when I pull the TV into a Chor it doesn't show the video when I render it. Not sure what I am doing wrong - is there a setting in the options that I am missing or something? Thank you - Eric

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: I presume you did not scroll through the timeline in the modeling window. Were you in an action window?

Also, check the range settings for the decal in the choreography.

I'll give it a go here in an hour or so and let you know what I come up with.

Here's what I did... follow along with the attached screen shots. V14.0 Beta 4 on Windows XP...

1. I made a simple grid model and named it "Screen Model".

2. I grouped it's points and named the group "Screen Group".

3a. I imported a "Movie or Animation Sequence" and selected the first of a series of numbered TGA files.

3b. I then dragged the imported item over the grid and dropped it and chose 'decal'.

3c. I centered it and scaled it to fit and then right-clicked and selected 'apply'.

4. I dragged the model into the Choreography and brought it in front of the camera.

I was able to scroll through the time line in both the Modeling window and the Choreography window and the pictures changed. They didn't always refresh though. Some times it looked as if the grid was blank. Probably a redraw issue.

Try hitting the space bar or use the "+" and "-" (plus and minus)keys to scroll through the time line instead.

Hope that helps.

TGAs_on_a_screen_1.jpg

TGAs_on_a_screen_2.jpg

TGAs_on_a_screen_3.jpg

TGAs_on_a_screen_4.jpg

I just did the same thing with version 13.0s and it works the same as 14.0 Beta 4.

The key to refreshing the decal when in shaded mode is to turn off shaded mode (back to wire frame) and then go back to shaded mode. This forces the refresh. The space bar was ineffective.

Cheers!

EDIT: If you render your animation in shaded mode, it may not show the decal properly either. Use Final mode to render it out to see your animation sequence play on the screen.