sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

new model-debating if it'll be a caricature or realistic

Seeing how much John Stewart on the daily show works his magic at political humor, made me want to try something while the election process are ongoing.

Someone made a really good John Kerry caricature. I was going to see how many of the political figures I can do.Bush_3Dfrnt0.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, that looks great! I really dig how you modeled his hair.

I can sympathize with having to wait for 3DPaint. I keep hoping I'll see a post on here that they've finished the Mac version...

I stretch out the mesh flatten, and then made a decal map for it from a wire and shade mode render. Import picture into a decal and applied to mesh. Then I took the picture to the Photoshop program and made another layer where I import a front picture of Bush into the top layer. Used clone tool to fill in the side of face and back of neck. Used the liquid tool to stretch picture to fit with the mesh. I tried to get rid of shadow with a dodge tools and match tone of skin with the rest of face. I left him with some reddish skin color to reflect his condition of being a reform alcoholics and rough Texans hot dry weather, and no sweet way to say it but he's old fart. Every politician age like a prune in a microwave oven in 4 short years.

I got lucky and found a nice face picture with good resolution. My next project will depend on who else I can get.

face_process.jpg

I got the bump map and eyebrow decal done. I am off to lip pose setup. I fine tune the eye area and lower lip and chin some more. Love to hear what anybody think of this. I don't have 3d paint and I didn't apply any map to the ears. I am trying to figure out how to make the ears match with face with procedural texture maybe? Am I being too picky bothering with the ears?

bushWIP.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...