Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Weird Distortion on rendered image

flashawd

Hi - I am playing around creating an animated fan character and I am getting these weird distortions when I render the image in different areas of the model - Here is a pic of the back of the fan - I have the distortion circled. Thanks

animFan0001.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Scott - no it happens in different areas at different angles - very odd. I restarted the program and computer and still have the same problem - here is a pic of the wireframe - pretty simple, don't think I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks - Eric

animFan0002.jpg

Tralfaz - that was it - I was playing around trying to give the body of the model a nice glossy finish and I had the reflections of the body set at 100%, and had forgotten about it - thank you for the answer. Apparently not the way to give the body a nice glossy finish look - what is the way to do that while I am talking about it? It currenlty has a matt finish look to it. Thank you eveyone else for your quick responses.

-Eric

Also, Jon - how do you tell if your faced are outward-facing? Don't remember that in the tutorial book lessons.

Do you mean 'Normals'? Open your 'options' dialogue and under the 'modeling' tab you will see a checkbox for 'show normals'...this will turn ON the little yellow check facing out at the center of each patch. These NEED to face outward.

BUT

Would'nt it be great if you could toggle this ON/OFF within the main interface without digging for it? Like a button... OR, is there a keyboard shortcut for 'show normals'? Y'know, like the way you can turn ON?OFF hair with the Shift-8.....? Maybe that was a feature request... not TOO ambitious I would think.

Would'nt it be great if you could toggle this ON/OFF within the main interface without digging for it? Like a button...

Uhmm. There already is a button that you can use to toggle normal pointers on and off. You have to configure A:M to use it though.

Go to Tools\Customize\Commands and drag the buttons that you want onto your toolbar. This feature has been around since A:M 10 or 11 I think. Simple but not obvious. ;)