Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Gas mask thing WIP

Here's something I've been working on for quite awhile, in my downtime.

post-8763-1177526471_thumb.jpg

post-8763-1177526493_thumb.jpg

post-8763-1177526511_thumb.jpg

Still left to do is texturing (the hard, almost-black rubber and plastic of the mask) I have to finish the "eyes" (right now they're just flat panels with the pics decaled, which is pretty close to the final product, except the eye pics are going to be on torn pieces of paper instead of flat patches). I'll need to tweak the refractive properties of the glass in the eyepieces. Also, the lights, which are just kinda thrown inside the mask for these renders, will become permanent parts of the model. There will be a volumetric "lamp" inside the mask which will backlight the translucent sheets of the eye pics and shine out of the holes in the air intake of the mask. You can see a little of the temp light showing through the holes in the mask as they are, but that's just an idea.

Given that I'm cobbling these random projects together as I learn, there's no telling when this will be finished enough to play with.

And trivia: the right eye is that of Edie Sedgwick, the left is Oskar Matzerath (from The Tin Drum).

Even though it's WAY early in the modeling process, any feedback is always welcome. Hopefully I'll have the rest of it finished before 2010!!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What kinda project were u gonna use this for?

As I learn, I'm just sort of cobbling together random bits and pieces (I have an old Predicta television, an old computer, and a paper-and-paperclip man) that may or may not find homes outside of Learning Experiences. None of these fit in with some of my WAY down the road projects I've got in mind, but are fun diversions along the way.

This gas mask head might be propped on a pike, or it might fit atop some sort of metal dog-like critter--haven't decided yet. I have to avoid putting it on anything skinny and humanoid, though, lest it look like something from The Wall!