Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Enterprise Test

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Star Trek photon torpedos on the newer shows are done in Particle Illusion--that is a sprite based program that works just like our Sprite particles in A:M. So you should be able to duplicate that effect. For phasers, which travel at the speed of light(?), what about a spline that is set to "draw as lines" with a glow? you could use a bone to aim and could just scale the length to make it shoot.

Here's a test that I'm working on, i'm just learning AM that's all that this is about, it's no huge project. Here I'm playing with the lack of lights and particles.

For just coming off the line, this is very nice. Nice PT tracks, even if not exactly as on TV. {I guess. I was never a Star Trek fan] Now, as remarked above, take what you've got, speed it up, add some light, triple the number of shots...and stars. Gotta have stars. I keep www.astronomypictureoftheday.com bookmarked. It's an archive of mouthwatering deep space photography. Good sized pictures, which you can click and get an even bigger, higher resolution version.