sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Playing Sounds from library

chris11jed

Hey there,

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a sound "boing.wav" (from A:M Yeti CD Sound Library in cartoon folder) to play while scrubbing &/or pressing the play button. I have dragged and dropped into sound folder then dragged and dropped into a characters' choreography action folder in the choreography folder; mute is off, volume is 100% the sound starts a few seconds into the animation project but no sound......so......what could be wrong?

An interesting thing though, in the tools>options>sounds, this setting does not see the sound and says 'No sound object loaded', Iwould have thought the "boing.wav" from the library would change that and allow me to set the master playback volume or at least show the sound was there.

I can right click on the sound in the library and in the project itself and press "play" and then hear the sound effect okay, so yes my computers' volume and sound card are working.

I've been looking up past forum topic discussions on sound and have followed advice where it applied, however i didn't see anything 100% describing my problem. Also, sound has worked for me in the past when doing "Exercise 7: Can You Say That?". Secret played while scrubbing. So why won't "boing.wav" play and why does the sound settings box not 'see' it as being loaded?

Hope someone out there can help, will be appreciated!

Cheers fellow animators

Chris...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the sound loaded into chor as a child of the chor action for a character or is it a child of the choreography itself?

Also, look to see the settings for the sound shortcut within the chor, as these are keyframeable. There may be a keyframe

setting the sounds volume too low to hear.

Post a zip of the project and all it's objects if you can. That way we can open it and see what is going on. We'll get this

worked out, not to worry.

G'Day All

The weirdest thing hey! But first to "arkaos" and "Dhar" thanks for your replies, i had done already all you suggested and to "arkaos" i don't think I'll zip the project and send it through, you see...it works now?!?

Today upon opening and playing the project with that darn non-playing "boing.wav" I hear 'boing', 'boing', 'boing', 'boing' as the project repeats itself. I didn't do a thing...go figure?!?

Now I don't know much about computers but i know enough to say that, this and a few other problems/bugs I've found in using A:M since upgrading to Microsoft vista home premium, is additional fuel to the fire that will be my reverting back to XP pro on Saturday. Damn vista; damn it to hell!!! (yes yes I know, why on God's green earth did i bother pre-service pack 1 or 2 with vista?!? - well i had my reasons and hey everyone suffers a mind blow-out from time to time - God vista is a friggin' nightmare!!!!!!)

So hopefully on Saturday/Sunday XP will be back up and running as will A:M and I can be back to the safe and working world pre-Vista install Hell!

Thanks to all again!

Chris