Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Camera Question

Noganite

:D In a multi-camera setup, how does one make them so when you want to switch from viewing through one camera trained on one object to later going to another camera that is trained on another object? I have messed with the timeline but I'm unsure how to do this. Some assistance would be greatly welcomed. Kind of like having two people talking in a movie and the camera view switches from one face to another as they speak. :P

Thank you ahead of time!

Noganite

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you're attempting is something done in editting, after both scenes in both cameras have been rendered.

What you can do, and I have done this successfully before I got an editting software, is to only use one camera that you can move from one subject to the next. What you need to do in the time line is to change the interpolation of the camera's Transition and Rotation to zero, and, voila, you got the scenes to change according to dialogue :)

Cool example! Thank you! Uhm so you rendered it in parts with the one camera? The prj file didnt work for some reason so I cant really tell what you did. I have multi views and one scene. I think ill render each part and throw it together in windows movie maker (yeah I am not rich enough to get adobe premiere [could barely get this prog <_< ]) . I will be using the one camera though that would make things a little easy I guess, but it sure would be nice to have multi cameras in a scene doing stuff at the same time switching between each camera's view. :P

Cool example! Thank you! Uhm so you rendered it in parts with the one camera? The prj file didnt work for some reason so I cant really tell what you did. I have multi views and one scene. I think ill render each part and throw it together in windows movie maker (yeah I am not rich enough to get adobe premiere [could barely get this prog <_< ]) . I will be using the one camera though that would make things a little easy I guess, but it sure would be nice to have multi cameras in a scene doing stuff at the same time switching between each camera's view. :P

I went on e-bay and looked for an older version of Premiere, for under a $100 :D

The way you can cut from one scene to the next using only one camera is to move the camera and point it at the time scene 2 starts, then move it again and point it for scene 3 etc.. So, as you play back the movie you'll see your one camera jump from place to place in your one single chor window, so, when you render it'll look as though your movie was edited rather than a one continuous render.

The only disatvantage to the single camera render is that there will be no scene dissolves into each other. Scene fade outs has been done by dimming and undimming the lighting.