Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animate on "Tin Woodman of Oz"?

It's time to see if there are any new TaoA:M graduates that are ready to move onto the exciting world of moviemaking. We have simple TWO assignments for beginners waiting now. Email me, martin@hash.com, or post to this thread if you are interested.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

The last batch of recruits has settled in, so it's a good time for you new TaoA:M graduates to join the "Tin Woodman of Oz" (TWO) animating team. Finishing exercise #6, "Stuck Door," is your ticket into our club. Whether you stick with TWO all the way through to the end, or just do a couple scenes to say you contributed, the experience you take away with you is a lasting one. You get to work on a "real" movie, and see how it's done. Plus, you get to learn how to use the new rigs, take assignments, and work in a friendly group that will help you improve your own skills. Send me an email or personal message to learn more.

I just finished Tao not to long ago. Been mainly reading up on a few older A.M books while my hand recovered from having a golfball size assis drained from my wrist. Today is my first day back into A:M world.

Whats the assisnment im looking at doin, An is my Old A:M version good enough to do what needs to be done. Before i get bullied. I am seriously broke. My pockets are empty. I dont even have lint in them cause i used that to build a fire to keep warm :(

I'm interested too, I've just completed the #11 - The Giraffe.

But ...

I feel that I had rushed through the TaoA:M lessons before, and want to go through it again, specifically for the walk cycles and animation, so that I can fill the gaps with what I know now, rather than formally submitting/uploading the output of what I thought I knew then (if that makes sense).

Just a couple of quick off topic questions:

1. Can I run v13 and v14 together rather than overwrite the previous version, as I've read that TWO is using v14 Beta - ( not even sure if this is an issue, but thought I'd ask anyway)

2. Will v14 take advantage of my Pentium Duo in rendering? - if so, is it a default? or will I need to set it up in options?

Anyway Martin, in brief, I'm up for the challenge but I'd prefer something simple to ease into the ride ;-)

Thanks.

Alan

I'd just like to add that it's great fun, and an awesome learning experience! If you have a little bit of time, I highly recommend joining up! :D

This is very true!!!!

I'm learning so much more working on TWO and the people on the team are excellent to work with. I second goodguy20k's comments. Join up. If you really want to be an animator, TWO's a great way to sharpen your skills and learn how it's done.

George

Finishing exercise #6, "Stuck Door," is your ticket into our club.

Well if my ticket is good please consider me in. I am working with the TaoA:M to learn some of the changes that have been made since v8.5 and the more I work with the A.M. the more changes I find. All jaw dropping good I might add.

Jim

There's a new group of 5 of you. I'll get the assignments out this weekend. You can ask for your dotProject status to be raised, and send an email to Will to get your SVN access right now. Also, start downloading the TWO data, (clear 12 gig on your hard drive first.)

The "TWO Recruit" email has been sent to the 7 newbies. If you don't get this email or you want to join them (it's always more fun to come in as a group), let me know here or send me a message/email/whatever.

The "TWO Recruit" email has been sent to the 7 newbies. If you don't get this email or you want to join them (it's always more fun to come in as a group), let me know here or send me a message/email/whatever.

I hope i do it all right, Everything is giving me errors, an cant access the web page. Stupid I-E 7

I hope i do it all right, Everything is giving me errors, an cant access the web page. Stupid I-E 7

It's HUGE !!! (he said with a glint in his eye)

I'm still downloading the files ... 1.8GB and still going ....

Anyone had their assignment yet ?

Nine new TWO recruits so far! Do we have one more person so we can make it an even 10?

Three assignments have went out... I'm waiting to hear from the rest of you - tell me when you're ready.

• Admin

Anyone that has completed TaoA:M take advantage of this opportunity!

TWO won't be in production forever.

Get those shots allocated to you while available.

Some day Martin will announce "Thats it... all shots are gone".

You can work with your own stuff later!

Better to learn while working on TWO. :)

Nine new TWO recruits so far! Do we have one more person so we can make it an even 10?

Three assignments have went out... I'm waiting to hear from the rest of you - tell me when you're ready.

I am anxious to get involved, but still working on exercise 6, and probably won't finish that for a couple days. I'd hate to miss this opportunity!

-Roger

I am anxious to get involved, but still working on exercise 6, and probably won't finish that for a couple days. I'd hate to miss this opportunity!

-Roger

We've got 10 !!!!

Welcome aboard

I should have enough $$$ to get the new update within the next week or 2. So dont count me out just yet Martin...