Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Advice on Two Lighting Effects....

Laconic

Hello!

I'd like some advice on how to achieve these two lighting effects:

1) I'd like to create an effect that projects light as if it's being passed through a "bar" filter (or like the bars of a window). Example below, with the "light bars" across the subjects' eyes.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS TO SEE THE IMAGES:

>

2) I'd like an effect of light showing though clouds or fog, so that you can see the rays.

>

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

T

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I'd like to create an effect that projects light as if it's being passed through a "bar" filter (or like the bars of a window).
Either make a simple model of a wall with window and bars and shine a light onto the wall so that it casts the shadow and illuminates the eyes. Just like you would do in reality.

OR

Use a 32 bit image in your light to filter/colour the light.

2) I'd like an effect of light showing though clouds or fog, so that you can see the rays.

Use fog in your render settings and have a light, at some distance, behind your subject.

Klieg lights can also be assigned volumetrics so you could experiment with that also.

Hello!

I'd like some advice on how to achieve these two lighting effects:

1) I'd like to create an effect that projects light as if it's being passed through a "bar" filter (or like the bars of a window). Example below, with the "light bars" across the subjects' eyes.

PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINKS TO SEE THE IMAGES:

>

>

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

T

#1- You could make the light rectangular and narrow, and simply use it that way; you could add a rotoscope to the light with a bar pattern; you could put a cookie between the light and the character to cast the shadow.

#2- use volumetrics.

B