Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

how to...

honey07

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little more data will help here.

sorry, i had to type that up in a hurry...

What type of file are you trying to upload the where?

its a .avi file

What is the exact error message?

i don't remember, it was at school, and i don't have that project (or time, i'm on a 33K dial-up connection) here at home to try it again. it was basicaly telling me i couldn't upload that file type, something about authorization or something like that.

many things have changed here in the Forum, but I believe it still depends on what forum you are trying to post in.

For instance: I can not upload an AVI in this message, but I can upload a MOV (quicktime). Most, but not all video clips you find here are MOV or mpeg because they are more (or seem to be more ) universally viewible. Many A:M'ers use MACs and many avi codecs seem to be problematic without extra software and added codecs.

Im pretty sure there is a size limit. And uploading is picky about which file extensions are allowed to be uploaded. I would definately ZIP the avi file. Zip files are acceptable for uploading. Plus it'll reduce the file size, should it be over the size limit.