sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Cool, lotsa potential, but...

maskoon

Just finished my second session with AM and initial impression is it's gonna work, but there will be issues. Seems like I'm doing too much tech and not enough art. Things like moving the data library from the CD to the hard drive, as there were no models in the Models tab, and when I attempted to save I get this goofy message all about embedding and something about the project tree which I think I found but it had about a thousand items in it about which I hadn't a clue. I spent a few hours doing strange and wonderful things to the rabbit, and managed to save the project, but on reopening the program it flashed me a message about saving changes to the rabbit, I clicked yes and now my rabbit is gone.

The other problems, like not being able to change the eye focus, lighting and camera angles I suspect I'll figure out over time, but the help files read like advanced Klingon so it will probably take a while. Bottom line it's going to be quite a stretch to master this beast, and it ain't gonna happen this week.

And I really miss my rabbit... :(

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent a few hours doing strange and wonderful things to the rabbit, And I really miss my rabbit... :(

I'm not gonna ask what you been doin-a-dat-wabbit!

A general rule of thumb: If you did something cool once...you can do it again, and again-better each time even. So redo what ever you did with rabbit and when done use the 'Save As' function with the rabbit.mdl file.

Have you watched all the great free tutorials on Hash.com? They will get you making cool stuff real quick, the rest will come with further exposure to A:M with time. Do not give up. "Baby steps..." (Bill Murray)

WELCOME!

• Admin

Thats some pretty good experience behind you for a second session!

P.S. Your Rabbit called. He misses you too. Says you can find him in the Data folder under Models/Actors.

I think he said 'Bring Carrots' but I could be mistaken...

I dont know if you need an answer for part of your message, but the embedded thingy can be found under the model properties->file info [embedded on/off]. On - simply adds the model into a .proj file itself. Off-will only reference the model from wherever its located on your PC. (This is all for file size purposes and also sharing projects). If you alter any original CD items and want to save for more experimenting, I would Embed(On) the model into the Project, if you decide to save your work. This wont change the original model from the original CD file located on your PC. Otherwise, no embedding will change the original file loaded.

Simply go to your CD and re-find the Rabbit file and save it again to your PC.

As far as eye focus, youll want to activate "pose sliders" window/display. There youll find the "sliders" to open & close the rabbits eyes and also hands. Next, lights and cameras in the choreography can easily be dragged to any position from any of the views (front,side etc). Use the "rotate manipulator" to guide these items in specific directs using the colored manipulator "rings" when activating the rotate feature. Experiment with the properties of the camera and lights also by simply clicking on them. I would also suggest using "hotkeys" to setup your own personalized keys (under the options menu). THis will help you quickly jump in and out of modes (rotate, scale, viewports, posesliders, main camera view, and anything else). AM doesnt have millions of tools, so its perfect for keyboard customizing.