Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Exporting image files

Space Monkey

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently working with Animation Master version 11.1

Does anyone know what file formats work for exporting models into After Effects 7.0

You can create avi's, mov's (uncompressed is best) - but best is to do a tga sequence.

Mov's seem to be the slowest - I prefer avi or tga - but I only have AE 4.1

Does anyone know what file formats work for exporting models into After Effects 7.0

You can create avi's, mov's (uncompressed is best) - but best is to do a tga sequence.

Mov's seem to be the slowest - I prefer avi or tga - but I only have AE 4.1

But what if I am just exporting still 3d images and what to maintain all the effects

and then create my motion graphics in After Effects.

*.tga-sequences can be imported by AE and AE can interpret the alpha-channel too...

If you dont want to let AE do that, you have to rightclick on the importat footage(image-sequence) and click on "interpret footage". No you can choose, if you want to ignore the alpha or you want to use it.

Some versions back A:M didnt write the sprite-particles to the alpha-channel of the tga-file however... dont know if that has changed till now. But if you are not trying to compose something, where you would need the alpha, you can easily ignore the alpha and the sprites will be visible, too.

See you

*Fuchur*

Are there special plug-ins that I need to download for this?

Thank you.

If you have After Effects 7.0, then the best format to use by a big margin is OpenEXR.

This is especially true if you intend to layer your renders by doing some renders with an Alpha Channel.

Essentially if you use OpenEXR, you can manipulate the image in AE with effectly no loss in quality for the final video output. If you render in TGA, AVI , etc , any image modification in AE will lose a bit of quality in the final render. Using TGA's is still OK, but OpenEXR is just much better.

AE7 can only read single layer OpenEXR so it is no use rendering with the Light Buffers set to "ON".

Richard Harrowell.