Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Flattening

rbjohnsn

I just tried to flatten my exersize 11 for a decal, and I was unable to find the dilog FLATTEN in the Rotate Window. Has something changed in ver 13? I've flatten a face before and thought I had it all figured out. Also I tried to submit this to the Forum FAQ but it wouldn't let me :P

Any help would be welcomed

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Talbot has done some videos on decalling a face, and the first video shows how to flatten - I've used this in v13, so it worked for me the way he showed:

They are in zip files, so I guess they're windows only.

Flatten Tutorial

Features Tutorial

Eyebrow Details Tutorial

Eyelashes Detail Tutorial

They are ZIP files, but inside those should be Quicktime videos, Caroline...unless my memory is failing me. So, there shouldn't be a problem with Mac's being able to view them.

They are QT movs, but I didn't know if Macs could read zips. But I guess Windows can read .sits, and, thinking more about it, as Jim's homepage is homepage.mac.com/etc I would guess he created them on a Mac.

Put it down to one of my many stupid moments. :D

Jim Talbot has done some videos on decalling a face, and the first video shows how to flatten - I've used this in v13, so it worked for me the way he showed:

They are in zip files, so I guess they're windows only.

FWIW, the hash FTP site has the Mac updates stowed in .ZIP files. How do I know this? I finally decided just tonight to grab a copy for the Mac. The company bought me a new Intel Mac a few weeks ago, and we had a 2nd copy of A:M we got some months back, so I decided to go dual-platform. :-)

It's kinda freaky to run software on two platforms and have it look identical. The software we use for installers (Installer Vise... and it wasn't my decision) doesn't merely look a little different between platforms; I can't really tell they came from the same company except to check the name in the About box. Frankly, Safari and Explorer look like twins in comparison to Vise's installers.