sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

magnifying glass?

Ravager

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

There's a great follow along tutorial by Shaun Freeman on how to do a magnifying glass, I didn't find it in the Useful Links section of the Tutorials forum so I've attached it here (Rodney, can we add a link there for this?). After you unZip it, just click on the .html file to watch it. I think you'll need Macromedia Flash (free download) to watch it.

The Image Contests are for fun and to improve your skills, and there's also cool prizes for the winner, runner-ups, and another set of prizes for all who enter. These have included training tutorial DVDs, A:M books, etc... Here are the contests coming up:

Topic: "x-mas"

Deadline: December 1st

Topic: "heroes"

Deadline: January 1st.

Topic: "architectural"

Deadline: February 1st.

Topic: "hairy"

Deadline: March 1st.

If you want to enter, send your image via e-mail to Steve Sappington (steve@hash.com), and specify which contest it is for. He will send you an e-mail confirmation that he received it. The rules are that all the major work must be done using Animation:Master, but paint programs can be used for Texture map creation, and slight adjustments to the image.

-Jim

Magnifying_Glass.zip

• Admin
Rodney, can we add a link there for this?

I think I may just link here as this is a nice collection of related informatoin on the subject. :)

Keep adding to it as you see fit.

Thanks Jim and Bruce!

Rodney

Edit: Link added to Useful Links.

I put it under the Modeling category... not sure where it belongs.

Edited by Rodney

These lenses follow (more or less) the laws of physics, meaning the magnification depends on the curvature of the two surfaces. You can't really PIP with two different cameras at the same time. Unless virtual lens are important for some reason, I would almost shoot it as two different versions of the scene and decal the magnified part into the sight. The direct answer is; no there really isn't a magnification or "sniper" setting.